What is LOVField?
One can bind the list of values for a particular field in the page by using LOVField i.e., if you want to show the list of object values/database column values where user can choose. LOVField is extension of ComboBox, where user can traverse the list of values. LOVField looks like.
When Lov field is clicked, it will display a popup with the field list.Select a project name from the list and click on select.
Different ways of configuring the Lov
1) By using data source object mappings.
2) By using a view.
How to configure the Lov using the object mappings?
First go to Navigation>>Developer >> Data source object mappings .
- Click on the data source object mappings and you will be navigated to the details page.
- Enter the mapping details.
- Once you are done with this, go back to the page.
- Go to customize page.
- Click on the field which you would want to make as LOV.
- Then select the item type as LOVField.
- Now specify the mandatory fields for the LOV.
- Here the view attribute for the LOV should always be a text field.
- Where LOV Mapping represents binding columns between the source object and reference object.
To define a LOV Mapping, the following format has to be followed..
Base Datasource's attributeName < LOV Datasource's attributeName, ...
- After the creation of LOVField, in customize page click on the created LOVField and click on new at the top.
- Add the Columnconfig and select the corresponding view attribute to display the values.
- For more details go to Datasource Object Mappings.
Configure a Lov using a view:
To configure a Lov have a view and a data source which is associated to it.
Now go to the Customize Page.
Then select the item which you want to make as LOVField.
Go to to the property pallet and change the item type to LOVField and specify the LOV data source (Here it will be a view). Now specify the LOV mapping as needed
- Attribute (Base Datasource attribute) < Attribute(Lov data source attribute).
Specify the LOV where clause if any.
Also specify the Return value attribute and view attribute.
Limitations of Object Mapping over Lov created using Lov:
When you use data source object mapping for creating a Lov, an additional where clause will be appended to the Pre-query by default.
In case when a Lov is created using a view no additional where clause is added.
|Allow Multi Selection||This property allows you to select multiple values from LOV or Combobox.|
|Filter Before Display|
|Lov Data Source||It is the name of the reference object data source.|
|Lov Mapping||Here we have to specify the column name of object and reference object . Example 1: Column name of object < column name of reference object.
Example 2: To define a Lov Mapping, you need to use the following format. sourceobject's column < reference object's column.
|Lov Where Clause||It is similar to the where clause that is written for combobox , grid or form panel. Based on the condition written in where clause the data is rendered in the LOV ..|
|Max Height||It determines the height of LOV container..|
|Max Rows||It determines the number of rows a LOV can contain.|
|Min List Width|
|Return value Attribute||It is the attribute which you specify join type as return value while creating object mappings.|
|Allow Invalid Value||If you want to enter some dummy data in the LOv and save it into the data base you need to enable the Allow Invalid Value property.|
|Lov View Attribute||It is the name of the object mapping that you specify while mapping the tables in datasource object mappings..|