Page Generation Using Employee Table
In this lesson, you will learn how to generate a page using platform. Please refer to the Generate Page help article to learn more about the page generation.
Goto Navigation → Developer → Generate Screen From Table/View.
- Enter the Table/View name.
- Enter the Primary Key field.
- Enter the display name i.e the name with which you want to refer your page.
- Enter the Role Name i.e to which Role you want to assign your page to.
- Select the appropriate icon that suits your page.
- Read Only property if enabled makes the page non-editable.
- Once all the details are entered, click on Generate.
Note: By default the when you generate the page, the datasource name will be same as table name
Now Goto Navigation → Role(Order Management) → Page(Order screen Auto).
Page Created! You have successfully generated a new page. This is how the generated page looks by default.Note: Platform by default generates a page with its edit page.