What is Profile Management?
Profiles are collection of related user configurations.
How will Profile Management Help You?
The Profile Management allows you to create and manage profiles. The actions that you perform while managing a user profile are determined by the authorization policies defined for "Self Service User Management". Here all the configurations are controlled by Profile configuration setup.
Here in the Rapapp platform Profiles are managed at four stages.
1) Site Level
2) Org Level
3) Role Level
4) User Level
How to Configure the Profile Management:
Step1( Site Level): To Configure the Profiles Go to Navigation → Developer → Profile Configurations.
Click on the Profile Configurations.
Now you will be directed to Profile configurations page.
- Here by default the Platform provided Profile Configuration details are displayed with Profile Name, Profile Code, Profile Description and site value.
- If Load On Start Up propety is enabled then it means that the configuration has to be loaded once when the application loads.
- If you want to define a new Profile, you can do it by clicking on new button and by specifying the details.
- When you click on the Profile Name, a popup arises where you can specify the privileges by enabling the respective check boxes.
- You can write a query in the text area so that it extracts the data from the corresponding location(table), for that Profile.
Step 2(Org Level): Now go to Navigation → Developer → Profile Values
- Now click on Profile values and you will be directed to the Profile values page.
- Click on search and all the details that are configured will be displayed.
(1) If you want to configure the profiles at org level, you can straight away select a value from the Org value column.
(2) If you want to configure the profiles at Role level, you need to search for the role name on top search area first and then select the value from the Role name column.
(3) If you want to configure the profiles at User level, you need to search for the user name on top search area and then select the value from the User name column.
- Once you have selected the value, you need to click on save
- Then right click and click on Reload Profiles link.
- Thus the profile changes that you have made will be applied.
Example: Here in the User Level Profile the Theme is selected as simple blue.
Profile Codes and Usage
|PROFILE NAME||PROFILE CODE||DESCRIPTION||OPTION VALUES|
|Page weight||PAGE_WEIGHT||Number of components in a page determines the page weight. When the page weight exceeds this threshold value then the application is refreshed to relase the client cache memory||1(<1000 components), 3 (<=3000), 5(<=6000), 7(<=9000), 10(>9000)|
|Enable debug||ENABLE_DEBUG||Setting this to 'Y' will log all debug information like Recent SQL's, UI rule Log for non-admin users||Y/N|
|Show file link||SHOW_FILE||Show/hide File Link in the platform tool bar on the top||Y/N|
|Show Help Link||SHOW_HELP||Show/hide Help Link in the platform tool bar on the top||Y/N|
|Show Navigation link||SHOW_NAVIGATION||Show/hide Navigation Link in the platform tool bar on the top||Y/N|
|Integration with google calendar||ENABLE_GOOGLE_CALENDAR||To enable google calendar synchronization job for a specific organizations||Y/N|
|Release client cache memory||OPTIMIZE_CLIENT_CACHE||Setting this value to 'Y' will release the client cache to reclaim memory when page weight reaches the specified threshold value.||Y/N|
|FTP Username||FTP_USERNAME||FTP UserName||UserNAme|
|FTP Password||FTP_PASSWORD||FTP Password||Password|
|FTP Host||FTP_URL||FTP Url/Host||Url|
|Default location on the FTP Server||FTP_DEFAULT_LOCATION||Default location on the FTP where host when files will uploaded to||Rapapp.com|
|Custom Jar directory||CUSTOM_JAR_DIRECTORY||Location where custom jars will be uploaded to||path (/pathtocustomlib/customextlib/lib)|
|Custom classes directory||CUSTOM_CLASS_DIRECTORY||Location where the custom handler class files are copied to||path (/pathtocustomlib/customextlib/lib)|
|Enable personalization||ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION||Enable the user to customize the page||Y/N|
|Enable inline documentation||ENABLE_DOCUMENTATION||Enable the user to post documentation/comments on specific component.||Y/N|
|Theme||THEME||UI skin that will be applied to the application||Gray/Blue/Purple/etc|
|Show Clock||SHOW_CLOCK||Display Simple Clock in the status bar at the botton of the page||Y/N|
|Default Session timeout||SESSION_TIMEOUT||Session timeout||60(Seconds)|
|Query timeout||QUERY_TIMEOUT||Query Timeout||120(Seconds)|
|Show recent visits link||SHOW_RECENT_VISITS||Show/hide Recent Visits Link on the platform toolbar||Y/N|
|Threshold time for Query||THRESH_HOLD_QUERY_TIME_OUT||When a query exceeds this value then an email is sent out.||20(Milli Seconds)|
|Email addresses for query notifications||THRESH_HOLD_QUERY_EMAIL_ADDRESS||List of emails to which the email has to be sent when a query exceeds specified threshold value||Email Address|
|Recent SQL log count||LOG_COUNT_FOR_RECENT_SQLS||Log count for recent executed sqls||10 (no of sql statments)|
|UI Rule log count||LOG_COUNT_FOR_UI_RULES||Log count for executed UI Rules||10 (no of ui rules)|
|View debug menu for non-admin users||VIEW_DEBUG_LOG_FOR_NON_ADMIN_USERS||View logs for non admin users||Y/N|
|Webserver home location||WEBSERVER_DIRECTORY||Location/Path of the Webserver||path (/home/tomcat)|
|Webserver library location||WEBSERVER_LIB_DIRECTORY||Location/Path of the lib folder on the webserver||path (/home/tomcat/lib)|
|Web Application location||WEBAPP_DIRECTORY||Web app directory location or path||path (/home/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes)|
|Web Application Library location||WEBAPP_LIB_DIRECTORY||Web apps lib directory or path||path (/home/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib)|
|Logo location||LOGO_DIRECTORY||A location on the web server where all the uploaded logo for each application get stored||path (/home/tomcat/logos)|
|Profile photo location||PHOTO_DIRECTORY||Location on the web server where all the profile photos of application users is stored||path (/home/tomcat/photos)|
|Debug logs directory||DEBUG_LOG_FILE_PATH||Path/Location where debug logs are created||path (/home/tomcat/logs
|Package name validation for Custom Handlers||PACKAGE_VALIDATION_FOR_CUSTOM_HANDLERS||Package name validation will be skipped for custom handlers, if this value set to N.||Y/N|
|Is RaFiles Synonym Exist||IS_RA_FILES_SYNONYM_EXIST||This profile value represents if there is a synonym for RA_FILES in apps schema||Y/N|